Beautiful, clear, low-overhead profiling - in our world-leading parallel tools environment:
Allinea MAP is the profiler for parallel, multithreaded or single threaded C, C++ and F90 codes. It provides in depth analysis and bottleneck pinpointing to the source line - and unlike most profilers, it's designed to be able to handle pthreads, OpenMP or MPI for parallel and threaded code.
Using Allinea MAP is easy - there's no need to instrument your code or remember arcane compilation settings. Just compile your code with -g and start Allinea MAP as you would run the code normally:
$ map my_application.exe
or for MPI users
$ map -n 128 ./bt_128_C datafile.in
Simple. Allinea MAP shares the common Allinea tools platform developed for Allinea DDT, tried and tested on everything from the world’s largest machines to embedded processors.
Results that make sense without a two-day training course
After your program finishes, Allinea MAP shows you the lines of source code that took the longest. With time spent computing in green and communicating in blue, it's the clearest way to see what actually happened during the run.
Built on Allinea DDT's industry-leading GUI, many of the Allinea MAP views will be familiar - the source code, the parallel stack view and quick-open with autocomplete for file navigation all integrate seamlessly with performance views designed by the same team.
It all just works, as you'd expect from the leaders in HPC development tools.
Performance you can trust, from one core to tens of thousands
Unlike the classic trace-based generation of performance tools, Allinea MAP never drowns you or your file system in data.
Adaptive sampling rates combined with Allinea's leading on-cluster merge technology ensure that exactly the right amount of data is recorded - whether you run on a workstation for ten minutes or on a remote supercomputer with tens of thousands of processes for a week.
With Allinea MAP you never need to worry about whether you chose the right metrics or level of implementation. Everything is turned on, all the time, with just 5% wall-clock overhead.
Refreshingly simple, surprisingly deep
Everything about Allinea MAP is designed to get out of your way and show the performance of your code. From the default selection of views to the adaptive sampling rate, we strive to take decisions about how to run a profiler away - leaving all the really interesting decisions about your code.
We haven't confused simplicity of use with shallowness, though. Allinea MAP lets you drill deep down into the performance of your code:
- Check memory usage, floating-point calculations, OpenMP thread usage, MPI usage and power usage at a glance
- Flick to the CPU view to see the percentage of vectorized SIMD instructions, including AVX extensions used in each part of the code
- See how the amount of time spent in memory operations varies over time and processes - are you making efficient use of the cache?
- Zoom in to any part of the timeline, isolate a single iteration and explore its behaviour in detail
- Everything shows aggregated data, preferring distributions with outlying ranks labelled to endless lists of processes and threads, ensuring the display is as visually scalable as our industry-leading backend is.