Contact email@example.com to obtain support for any Allinea products.
Our support team will work with you to ensure our software works as expected on your platform. We endeavor to respond to all queries within one business day.
Allinea DDT and Allinea MAP come in one combined bundle. Allinea Performance Reports is currently an individual installation package. The current release version is version 4.2.1 .
In some cases there may be a known issue for your system, compiler or MPI. Significant known issues and the release history are listed below.
- Allinea DDT and Allinea MAP user guide: download PDF version or access web version.
- Download the Allinea Performance Reports user guide .
- You can also access the user guides directly within the software. To do so, Select Help from the menu bar, or press F1, to display it. The user guide is also located in the doc subdirectory of the installation.
You may also want to read the Allinea Performance Reports Getting started guide - also available in your install directory.
If the in-application user guide (F1 - User Guide) is invisible, please remove stale cached files by typing:
rm -r ~/.local/share/data/Allinea
Allinea Peformance Reports:
- CUDA not supported
- Limited support for OpenMP
- I/O metrics are not fully available on some systems, including Cray systems.
- Floating licence files require the new licence server to be installed.
- The Allinea tools 4.2.1 installation includes two versions of GDB: GDB 7.2 (default) and GDB 7.6.2. You may switch between them on the System Settings page of the Options . If you are having problems debugging programs compiled with recent versions of GCC (e.g. 4.8) we recommend you switch to GDB 7.6.2. The following limitations apply to GDB 7.6.2:
- No Cray Fast Track Debugging support.
- No IBM Bluegene support.
- CUDA not supported
- Limited support for OpenMP
- Xeon Phi support is a technology preview only
- Allinea MAP I/O metrics are not available on some systems, including Cray systems.
- Allinea MAP floating licence files require the new licence server to be installed. Older licence server versions (e.g. from DDT 3.2.1) will not load Allinea MAP floating licences. You are recommended to update older licence server installations.
- MPICH 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 do not work with Allinea DDT or Allinea MAP due to a defect. MPICH 3.1 addressed this and is fully supported.
Allinea DDT + CUDA:
- With CUDA 4.1 after deleting a breakpoint at the current thread location and with CUDA memory debugging enabled, the kernel may not advance subsequently.
- To debug CUDA programs the version of the CUDA driver must match the version of the CUDA toolkit used to compile your program. For example if the CUDA 5.5 driver is installed then you must use the CUDA 5.5 toolkit to compile your program. You may use the DDT_FORCE_CUDA_VERSION to force DDT to use a particular version of CUDA debugger, e.g. by setting DDT_FORCE_CUDA_VERSION=55 for CUDA 5.5, but this is unlikely to work.
- The CUDA 5 early access drivers contained known issues - please update to the most recent driver to ensure debugging is supported.
- Cray CCE 8.1.2 OpenACC and previous releases will fail to generate local variables in accelerated regions. Please install CCE 8.1.3.
Allinea DDT + VisIt:
- On Cray XK6 to use Allinea DDT's VisIt support you will need to link your program with ddtsim.so ( ddt/lib/libddtsim.so ) manually.
- If you are using VisIt on Ubuntu/Debian/Mint you may need to set the environment variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 before starting Allinea DDT, otherwise the VisIt GUI will fail to load. There have also been some problems with using the more recent Intel DRI drivers with VisIT, it may be necessary to use the libgl1-mesa-swx11 package (Debian/Ubunut/Mint) instead of libgl1-mesa-glx .
- Using SLURM on Cray systems is not supported in this release. Please contact Allinea for the latest information about SLURM support.
Further issues and workarounds can be found in the release notes ( doc/RELEASE-NOTES ). You should also consult the appendix of the user guide to note any platform, compiler or MPI issues that may affect your debugging.
Changes since Allinea tools 4.2.1:
- 4.2.1-38435: Fix argument error reporting in offline mode.
- 4.2.1-38433: Fix internal OMP_NUM_THREADS handling to prevent overriding OMP_NUM_THREADS if it is already set in the target environment.
- 4.2.1-38413: Fix Intel MPI auto-detection when the mpirun script does not contain the 'Intel(R) MPI' detection string.
- 4.2.1-38178: Fix lay out issue with the code viewer on Mac OS X. Reduce the height of the options dialog for smaller screens.
- 4.2.1-38133: Fix a bug encoutered when attaching to running processes on Cray systems. Remove support for SGI MPT 2.10+ (this will be re-added in a future release).
- DDT 4.2.1-38025: Fix some instances of "Failed to create auxillary symbol files" error on Bluegene/Q, particularly when resubmitting after a failed job submission.
- DDT 4.2.1-37749: Stop offline debugging after certain signals (e.g. SIGSEGV) or memory error.
- 4.2.1-37687: Fix for slow startup on Cray X-series systems. Fix for unexpected processes connecting during startup for large jobs. Fix for MAP 'Stop' button not working for Fortran programs. Add version check to Allinea sampler.
- 4.2.1-37624: Add support for OpenMPI 1.8.
- DDT 4.2.1-37594: Fix unexpected extra process found when opening a core file.
- 4.2.1-37472: Add Xeon Phi support to GDB 7.6.2.
- 4.2.1-37400: Workaround for compatibility with recent Cray aprun versions.
- 4.2.1-37095: Do not attempt to use topology files if no shared directory has been configured. Fix "The requested debugger interface could not be found." error when starting large jobs. Enable support for optional variables in queue template files. Create the configuration directory specified with ALLINEA_CONFIG_DIR if it does not exist. Fix crash if --cleanconfig used without X display. Fix +<line> argument to external editor. Make libexec/remote-exec pass through extra SSH arguments. Add scroll bars to code viewer tab bar on Mac OS X.
- MAP 4.2.1-37062: Allow MAP to build wrappers with Platform MPI, which has MPI_F_STATUS_IGNORE missing.
- 4.2.1-36852: Navigate to required line in file opened in external editor.
- 4.2.1-36926: Update the support link on the welcome page for the new Allinea web site.
- DDT 4.2.1-36714 - Bluegene/Q attaching support.
- DDT 4.2.1-36651 - Patch release: Fix a crash seen when $PYTHONHOME set
- 2013-05-12: 4.2.1-36484: Final release build
Changes for Allinea tools 4.2.1
- Support for CUDA 6.0.
CUDA 4.0 support has been removed.
- Includes GDB 7.6.2 in addition to GDB 7.2.
- Scalable SGI MPT startup (2.10+).
- GDB Python updated to Python 2.7 and more Python modules included for pretty printer support.
- Per-user GDB Python pretty printer support.
- Support for Xeon Phi equipped Cray X-series systems.
- Xeon Phi offload support uses the libcoi_host.so.0 shared library instead of static linking, for compatibility with newer MPSS releases.
- Fixed intermittent Windows remote client hang.
- Simplified Berkeley UPC startup (MPI transport only).
- Included cppcheck updated to 1.63.
- Allow remote connection to an Intel Xeon Phi card using the local licence.
Changes for Allinea tools 4.2-PR:
- Allinea Performance Reports released.
Changes for Allinea tools 4.2:
- Version control breakpoints and tracepoints.
- Allow multiple arrays to be simultaneously visualized by VisIt at a vispoint. Automatically create pseudocolour plots in VisIt for the vispoint's arrays (requires xterm).
- Visit 2.7.0 support.
- Add experimental support for MPIRUNs that implement the MPIR Process Acquisition Interface, but are compiled without debug information.
- Support for CUDA 5.5 software pre-emption.
- Better handling of multiple GPU processes per compute node.
- Support for some mpirun wrapper scripts.
- Mac OS X client now uses a single icon for both Allinea DDT and Allinea MAP with drag and drop installation.
- Update URLs for obtaining Allinea DDT and Allinea MAP trial licences.
- 2013-07-22 Allinea Tools 4.1 released.
- 2013-03-15 Allinea Tools 4.0 released.
- 2012-10-31 Allinea DDT 3.2.1 released.
- 2012-07-09 Allinea DDT 3.2 released.
- 2011-11-28 Allinea DDT 3.1 released. Major release with new support for UPC, Coarray Fortran, offline debugging, and CUDA 4.0/4.1.
- 2011-04-27 Allinea DDT 3.0 released. Major release with support for full size debugging at Petascale and many enhancements to make debugging fast at all scales.
- 2010-12-24 Allinea DDT 2.6.1 released.
- 2010-06-18 Allinea DDT 2.6 released. Support for CUDA and Cray Fast Track Debugging