Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain support for any Allinea products.
Our support team will work with you to ensure our software works as expected on your platform. We endeavor to respond to all queries within one business day.
Allinea DDT and Allinea MAP come in one combined bundle. Allinea Performance Reports is currently an individual installation package. The current release version is version 4.2.2 .
In some cases there may be a known issue for your system, compiler or MPI. Significant known issues and the release history are listed below.
Download the Allinea Forge user guide or the Allinea Performance Reports user guide . You can also access the user guides directly within the software. To do so, Select Help from the menu bar, or press F1, to display it. The user guide is also located in the doc subdirectory of the installation.
You may also want to read the Allinea Performance Reports Getting started guide - also available in your install directory.
If the in-application user guide (F1 - User Guide) is invisible, please remove stale cached files by typing:
rm -r ~/.local/share/data/Allinea
Allinea Peformance Reports:
- CUDA not supported
- With Intel MPI, starting a job with the "mpirun" may fail. In that case, please use "mpiexec" instead.
- Limited support for OpenMP
- I/O metrics are not fully available on some systems, including Cray systems.
- Floating licence files require the new licence server to be installed.
- CUDA not supported
- Limited support for OpenMP
- Xeon Phi support is a technology preview only
- Allinea MAP I/O metrics are not available on some systems, including Cray systems.
- Allinea MAP floating licence files require the new licence server to be installed. Older licence server versions (e.g. from DDT 3.2.1) will not load Allinea MAP floating licences. You are recommended to update older licence server installations.
- MPICH 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 do not work with Allinea DDT or Allinea MAP due to a defect. MPICH 3.1 addressed this and is fully supported.
Allinea DDT + CUDA:
- To debug CUDA programs the version of the CUDA driver must match the version of the CUDA toolkit used to compile your program. For example if the CUDA 5.5 driver is installed then you must use the CUDA 5.5 toolkit to compile your program. You may use the DDT_FORCE_CUDA_VERSION to force DDT to use a particular version of CUDA debugger, e.g. by setting DDT_FORCE_CUDA_VERSION=55 for CUDA 5.5, but this is unlikely to work.
- The CUDA 5 early access drivers contained known issues - please update to the most recent driver to ensure debugging is supported.
- Cray CCE 8.1.2 OpenACC and previous releases will fail to generate local variables in accelerated regions. Please install CCE 8.1.3.
Allinea DDT + VisIt:
- On Cray XK6 to use Allinea DDT's VisIt support you will need to link your program with ddtsim.so ( ddt/lib/libddtsim.so ) manually.
- If you are using VisIt on Ubuntu/Debian/Mint you may need to set the environment variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 before starting Allinea DDT, otherwise the VisIt GUI will fail to load. There have also been some problems with using the more recent Intel DRI drivers with VisIT, it may be necessary to use the libgl1-mesa-swx11 package (Debian/Ubunut/Mint) instead of libgl1-mesa-glx .
Further issues and workarounds can be found in the release notes ( doc/RELEASE-NOTES ). You should also consult the appendix of the user guide to note any platform, compiler or MPI issues that may affect your debugging.
Changes since Allinea tools 4.2.2:
- 4.2.2-39948, 4.2-PR-39948: Enhancement: Add new ALLINEA_REDUCE_MEMORY_USAGE (Performance Reports) and MAP_REDUCE_MEMORY_USAGE (MAP) environment variable to reduce memory usage on the compute nodes during the analysis phase.
- 4.2.2-39873: Enhancement: Add Xeon Phi offload debugging support for Intel C++ and Fortran compilers version 15.
- 4.2.2-39870: Bug fix: Fix enabling pinned watchpoints on variables that are out of scope.
- 4.2-PR-39855: Enhancement: Add support for the HP CMU connector, available separately.
- 4.2.2-39843: Bug fix: Fix debugger and treeserver linkage so there will be no problems if a different QT is specified in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
- 4.2.2-39779: Enhancement: Add support for pretty printing new STL types from recent GCC versions in DDT.
- 4.2.2-39778: Bug fix: Fix pinning watchpoints on Fortran allocatable arrays.
- 4.2.2-39664: Enhancement: Add support for a Windows equivalent to remote-exec (remote-exec.cmd) to allow for greater flexibility in how we connect to a remote host via plink.
- 4.2.2-39588: Fix indices in CSV list export of MDA in DDT.
- 4.2.2-39509: Fix GDB crash.
- 4.2.2-39422, 4.2-PR-39422: Fix bug in MAP MPI Wrapper that caused MPI_Waitall to return wrong statuses for Fortran.
- 4.2.2-39186: Fix bug where some internal errors were not being reported.
- 4.2.2-39153: Fix GUI freeze that occured if MAP needed to close a .map file prematurely.
- 4.2.2-39105: Enhancement: Add scalable SLURM (srun) and Cray 'Native' SLURM support.
- 4.2-PR-39067: Add support for SGI MPT.
- 4.2.2-39095: Bug fix: Fix crash caused by bad handling of quoted arguments.
- 4.2.2-39036, 4.2-PR-39036: Bug fix: Add MAP's preloads to the start of LD_PRELOAD, rather than the end, so it can wrap preloaded MPI libraries.
- 4.2.2-39005: Bug fix: Prevent hang in GDB 7.6.2 on x86 Linux systems with executable memory protection.
- 4.2.2-38982: Bug fix: MAP no longer erroneously claims Xeon Phi programs are statically linked when launched from the host.
- 2014-10-10 Allinea Tools 4.2.2 released.
Changes for Allinea tools 4.2.2:
- Support for CUDA 6.5
CUDA 4.1 support has been removed.
- Default GDB changed to 7.6.2.
- New Help->Logging submenu to add support diagnostics with the remote client.
- 2014-05-12 Allinea Tools 4.2.1 released.
- 2014-03-14 Allinea Performance Reports 4.2-PR released.
- 2013-11-29 Allinea Tools 4.2 released.
- 2013-07-22 Allinea Tools 4.1 released.
- 2013-03-15 Allinea Tools 4.0 released.