At Allinea, we thrive on developing great software tools - at one of the most exciting and challenging ends of computing. Talented and creative people who can contribute to our success are the very bedrock of our company. We offer the opportunity for you to join a growing company, achieve impact and shoot towards your ambitions.
HPC Applications & Support Analyst
Start date: ASAP
We're looking for an experienced HPC Applications and Support Analyst to expand our pre-sales and post-sales technical support, training and consultancy activity at our Warwick (UK) office. You'll be part of a talented and fun team, passionate about scientific computing and about doing the job well.
This is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of development tools for parallel and multi-threaded computing. Allinea DDT, our parallel debugger, and Allinea MAP, our performance profiler, are interoperable, extremely scalable, capable and intuitive tools used by leading organisations such as ORNL, LRZ, AWE, CEA and NCSA Blue Waters.
A strong customer-oriented approach is required, providing first line support for our development tools, training and application performance and debugging consultancy. Candidates will need to hold a good post-graduate degree or equivalent in a mathematical/scientific computing discipline. Experience developing HPC software and working with both large scale HPC codes and with Linux/Unix HPC systems is essential.
This job is UK-based and is open to candidates eligible to work in the UK.
- Work as part of a small team to deliver high quality first level of support to customers and prospects
- Provide technical consulting to customers installing and using Allinea's products
- Prepare and deliver technical training, workshops and documentation materials at customer sites
- Provide occasional debugging and profiling consulting at customer sites
- Work with customers to increase tool adoption and to build customer relationships
- Write and develop on-line technical collateral, including training material, blogs and white papers
Experience and skills:
- Good post-graduate degree or equivalent in computer science, maths or computational sciences
- Strong parallel programming skills (OpenMP, MPI, CUDA and/or OpenCL)
- Fortran and C/C++ experience
- Hands-on experience of HPC, using batch schedulers, profilers, debuggers, compilers, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and written English
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience using Allinea DDT and/or Allinea MAP
- Prior experience as an applications analyst
- Knowledge of different HPC applications
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux system administration
The position is based at our head office in Warwick, UK and is based on a working week of 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday. This position will require around 25% travel throughout Europe (mainly), depending on location and business opportunities.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.